Thursday, September 16, 2010

Wall Wonders.

Hello Thursday evening. I hope everyone had a lovely day. Mine was non-stop, which is why this post is coming later in the day than usual (ha, I use 'usual' as a relative term, even though I have no regular blogging regiment yet, you get what I mean though, right?). I always have a never-ending list of to-do's, for my personal life, and of course, my Butter Toast life. Today, I tried to knock out a couple BTB duties and was off to a good start. Until I had no glue. I know, silly reason, but after that I got distracted by customers, ect. so I didn't quite accomplish my whole list today...but I have plenty of hours to stay focused tomorrow :) I bet you'd like to know why I needed glue so bad, but it's rather minuscule, so I don't want to share the details in fear to disappoint you.

This morning, I was thinking about my 'new loves' blog series I'm trying to start, and I thought I'd be kinda cool to share some of my (newish) old loves that I get to enjoy everyday. I never started buying housewares and home decor much I found my mister, my love, my one and only, Mr. Brad Pfahler. We've been together almost 2 years now, and about a year ago I started collecting things to make our 'house a home'. And boy do I love wall art...vintage wall art, with an emphasis on yarn/fiber crafts, with an extra emphasis on floral and vernacular architecture, to be precisely precise. And these are my favorite loves, from inside my own home. Please pardon my awful photography, it's not my forte.

I purchased this gorgeous needlepoint from Miss Ashley over at Merry May Farm. I kinda got for babe, and kinda for me. He's an architect so vintage wall art like this is so, so perfect for our home.

This one is particularly awesome because of it's texture, it uses at least 4 different types of fibers.
These next two favorites have nothing to do with fiber crafts, but they are beyond cute.

This adorable vintage bathtime photo goes perfectly with my pink-and-green bathroom. I almost dropped dead when I found it at that fateful thrift store. Could there be anything more precious?

And this is my completely useless, yet completely UH-mazing vintage cutting board. It's chipped to shit, and it couldn't be more beautiful. I loved this apple art so much that I traced it the other day to make cute stuff from it it. I made a cutesy paper apple out of boredom Tuesday night, but I have more, even cuter and more crafty ideas for it...coming soon :) There is no copyright for the apple art on the cutting board, so if anyone out there knows this artist please let me know so I can give proper credit. 


We're off to some grocery shopping! Have a great night!
xo. traci.

No comments:

Post a Comment