Monday, September 13, 2010

Not so Blue Monday.

Good Morning! I'm wide awake (earlier than I need to be, surprising for a Monday) and had a fantastic weekend. All my goals were accomplished!
Woke up rather early on Saturday, and biked to the local farmer's market with babe. We stocked up on lots of fresh veggies, then shared a sandwich and had a couple brews inside the Urban Grocery & Wine Bar to start the weekend off right!
After the market, I had a couple of shop duties to fulfill, one of which was to ship an international order. I saw this van at the post office and had to snap a pic because I really, really love old unique vehicles.
With the shop duties complete, I was on my mission for succulents. We went to Baker's Nursery, and it was beautiful. It was so incredible to get out of our concrete jungle, and immersed among so much foliage for awhile. I think nursery adventures should be a more regular event for us.
They had a lovely selection of succulents, and we were informed they start getting hundreds more here in the coming months (I'm already planning my next succulent garden). We picked 8 succulent varieties: Adromischus cristatus, Sempervivum "Royal Ruby", Lithops fulviceps 'Aurea',  Graptopetalum opalina, Melocactus azureus, Echeveria dondo, Anacampaeros telephiastrum, one species was unlabeled. After our purchase, we thrifted a container for the garden, then went home to create magic! Ta-da! Yes, that IS a blue cactus.

Oh yah, we also got the girls some organic animal grass from the nursery. They totally dig it.

Time to get ready for work! Have a fantastic Monday!
xo. Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment